These bite size brownie bites are the perfect dessert for when you don't want to over-indulge, plus they use only 1/4 cup of maple syrup so they aren't too sweet. I ended up making them on a whim and brought them to my best friend's Super Bowl party yesterday and they were a hit.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter (I used crunchy because I prefer the texture)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (or chocolate of your choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment paper in a 9x5 inch loaf pan (you can also coat with coconut oil).
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond butter.
- Add in the baking powder, almond flour and cacao powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cook for an additional 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.