Last August, I participated in my first Whole30. If you're unfamiliar with Whole30, you can read more about it here. One of the keys to succeeding in Whole30 is preparation which means planning out your meals, grocery shopping ahead of time, reading your ingredients, knowing which items are Whole30 approved before going to to grocery store, and lastly, meal prepping itself.
After dealing with some chronic digestive issues, I wanted to give my body a much needed reset. I'd tried the mindbodygreen 7-Day Sugar Detox a few weeks ago, but didn't notice a huge difference with my stomach issues. The main thing I noticed was that I felt more energized and would wake up without my alarm (both great things).
One of the main reasons I committed to doing another Whole30 this summer was because I didn't have any trips or big events planned for these 30 days (July 9th - August 7th). I knew that I could really dedicate the next month to meal planning and cooking a lot and wouldn't feel like I was missing out on too many opportunities.
One of the first things I meal prepped were these egg muffins which are perfect for breakfast on the go. They are packed with protein and veggies to keep you energized throughout the day.
I hope you follow along on my Instagram, where I'll be sharing a lot of my meals and meal prep ideas!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 22-25 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 egg muffins
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup of chopped greens (I used beet greens for this but you could also use chopped kale or spinach)
- 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 link of a Whole30 approved sausage (I used Bilinski's Organic Spinach with Spring Greens Chicken Sausage)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 muffin tin (I just ordered this silicone one on Amazon and love it) - It's dishwasher safe and really easy to pop the egg muffins out of.
- 1 baking sheet
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the muffin tin with olive oil or avocado oil.
- Chop the vegetables and sausage (or protein of your choice)
- In a large bowl, whisk with eggs.
- Add in the veggies, sausage and salt & pepper.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tins. Place the muffin tin onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool completely before removing.
- Store in your favorite Tupperware!
Shop My Favorite Kitchen Items Below!