I'm all for trying new things, even though I didn't used to be this way. If you've read my about me you know I was THE pickiest eater growing up. But, times have changed and I'm much more open minded - hence the desire to experiment with tahini and cacao powder. They might seem like an unlikely pair, but the flavors exceeded my expectations and satisfied my sweet and salty cravings. This loaf is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and paleo. It crumbles in your mouth and is best served with a glass of nut milk and some berries!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond and coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, tahini, coconut oil, almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer into the loaf pan and sprinkle with additional Himalayan sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a glass of almond milk and fresh rasberries.