My philosophy for cooking is pretty straightforward. I make recipes that don't require a ton of prep ahead of time, will give me enough leftovers for at least 1 to 2 additional meals, and use ingredients that I more or less already have, or will use over and over again. These stuffed peppers are gluten free, dairy free and really flavorful. These ones are made with ground beef, but they would also be delicious with ground turkey. I hope you enjoy them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa (1 part quinoa, 2 parts chicken stock for more flavor)
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef
- 6 red peppers
- 1 small red onion
- 3 Crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers and remove any seeds from the inside.
- Place peppers in a brownie pan filled with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- While the peppers are in the oven, chop the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Place in a food processor until they are thinly diced.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the mushroom, onion and garlic mix. Sautee for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the ground beef and season with salt, pepper & paprika. Stir for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Combine the quinoa, ground beef, mushroom, onion and garlic.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and fill with the the quinoa, beef and veggie mixture.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.