When I don't know what to make for dinner I'll look in my fridge and find creative ways to combine ingredients I've picked up from the farmers market or grocery store that week. This recipe contains lots of interchangeable ingredients that can be thrown together for an amazing meal. Inspiration can strike anywhere, especially in your fridge!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for Quinoa
- 1 cup of quinoa (I use tri-colored quinoa)
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetables
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1-2 beets
Ingredients for Protein
- 1 steak (strip, Filet Mignon, or skirt)
Ingredients for Avocado-Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium pot, add quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover until the liquid is absorbed (15-20 minutes).
- Remove skin from butternut squash and cut into cubes.
- Remove skin from beets and spiralize.
- Add butternut squash and spiralized beets to a single baking sheet (keeping the two ingredients separated) or place each on separate baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Add to oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Coat steak with salt & pepper and cook on stove at medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side. Finish the steak by placing the pan directly from the stove into the heated oven for another 5 minutes. Once done, let sit 8-10 minutes before slicing.
- Combine ingredients for the Avocado-Tahini Sauce in your food processor. Set to high and blend until ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Place quinoa on bottom bowl, layer the butternut squash and beets on top. Fan out the sliced steak and top and drizzle with the Avocado-Tahini Sauce.