Pesto is one of my favorite condiments. It's easy to make and really versatile. I add it to zoodles, top it on salmon, or put it into one of my scrambles in the morning.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: N/A
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of basil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel the cloves of garlic.
- Put the pine nuts, spinach and basil into the food processor. Before closing the lid, squeeze the lemon juice and add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Put the lid on and blend on high, adding in the olive oil as it's going.
- Add more salt & pepper or olive oil if needed and continue blending until smooth.
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.