I love roasting Brussels sprouts, but I often find that I'm too impatient to wait the 30 minutes for them to get crispy. These shredded Brussels sprouts are a great quicker alternative and can be served alongside your favorite protein or grain, in addition to other veggies. The cast-iron skillet helps to cook them evenly throughout and I love adding pecans or walnuts for a little extra crunch.
- 16 oz (about 3 cups) of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (can also sub walnuts)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and the Brussels Sprouts. Chop off the ends and then cut into halves.
- Place in a food processor and pulse for ~1 minute until shredded into small pieces.
- Heat up cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the olive oil and Brussels sprouts.
- Season with salt & pepper and sautee for 8-10 minutes until crispy. I recommend using tongs and continuously stirring so they get evenly coated in olive oil
- Add in chopped pecans or walnuts for a little extra crunch!
*If you make any of my recipes be sure to tag me @sullivanstreeteats so I can see all of your creations!
Shop My Favorite Kitchen Essentials For This Recipe Below!