When you feel like a gourmet breakfast, but don't want to go out to eat, this breakfast taco is all you need!
Ever since I bought Siete Foods grain-free tortillas at Whole Foods a couple weeks ago I've been making my own breakfast tacos at home. They are so easy to make and you can add in other veggies or whatever ingredients you have at home. The best part is that these tortillas are made with only a few simple ingredients: almond flour, tapioca flour, xantham gum, sea salt and water.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Siete Foods Almond Flour Tortilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup of spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (can also sub coconut oil or butter)
- Slice the red pepper and onion into long thin strands.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until the red pepper is soft and the onion starts to caramelize. Add the spinach and sauté for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using the same pan, scramble the eggs until soft (3-4 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low and set aside the pan. Place the tortilla over the open flame for 1 minute each side, until the outside edges are crispy.
- Fill the tortilla with the scrambled eggs, peppers, onions and spinach and top with freshly sliced avocado or your favorite hot sauce.