Whether I'm at work, or on a long road trip or a flight, I always have a snack on hand. The worst feeling is being hungry and not having any food options! I've been making this roasted nut trail mix a lot more often since doing Whole30 and it's been a lifesaver. Store bought roasted nuts are often over-roasted or have added salt. Roasting the nuts on my own allows me to monitor just how long they are in the oven (plus my whole apartment smells amazing!) Roasted nuts are a lot easier to digest and the flavors are SO good. You can switch out the nuts below with any nut of your choice, but I love the walnut, almond and cashew combo!
- 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of raw unsalted almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container.
*You can also add any other nuts of your choice
Shop my kitchen essential items for this recipe below