Unlike most chili recipes, this one is loaded with veggies and doesn't use any beans or corn. It's hearty and packed with nutrients, but doesn't leave you feeling too full. The best part? It is gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 red onion
- 2 red peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 carrots
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 cup of tuscan kale
- 2 cans of peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 3 lbs of organic ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne peper
- 1 avocado (sliced) for serving
- Dice the onion, red pepper, garlic, carrots, and jalapeño, Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper and cayenne. Stir until the turkey is almost completely cooked through (~8 to 10 minutes).
- In a separate pot, heat olive oil and add in the diced veggies. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the veggies are partially cooked, add in the ground turkey and canned tomato. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add in the kale and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced avocado.