Doing Whole30 in August gave me an extra incentive to get creative with my meals. We eat salmon and sautéed veggies at least 2-3 times a week, but I was craving mashed potatoes. Knowing I couldn't use any butter or milk, I used olive oil and chicken stock to keep the potatoes fluffy. Garlic and chives kick up the flavor in this dish. I have to admit, this was my favorite Whole30 meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds of yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 lemons
- Salt & Pepper
Steps for Salmon:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a large baking sheet with parchment paper, place salmon fillets. Squeeze lemon juice, minced garlic and chopped basil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Steps for mashed potatoes:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into equal sized pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and fill the pan with water until the top of the potatoes are covered.
- Boil for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Drain the water.
- Using a fork, mash the potatoes and add chicken stock, olive oil and minced garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and add chives.
- Cut fresh chives on top before serving.