If you follow me on Instagram, you know that a few weeks ago, Rob and spent the weekend making homemade BBQ sauce and meatballs for our friend's Super Bowl party. It was the second time we've made this sauce and we are both obsessed. We ended up saving some of the sauce so that we can have it on-hand because it's THAT good. I'll be posting the recipe for the meatballs and BBQ sauce soon so stay tuned!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- One 16oz can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mustard seed powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mince onion and garlic in a food processor until everything is finely chopped.
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat and add in the minced onion and garlic.
- Add in the Apple Cider Vinegar and water.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir.
- Add coconut aminos, honey, maple syrup, mustard seed powder and cinnamon .
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes while stirring continuously to thicken.