I'm always looking for an easy way to add vegetables into every one of my meals. When I stopped eating sweet potatoes a few months ago, I thought I would never survive without sweet potato fries, but these carrot and parsnip fries have been a great alternative. They are so simple, but hit the spot. They are great dipped into this honey mustard dipping sauce. All you have to do is take a little paleo mayo and mix it with some dijon mustard and a a little honey. For a little kick, mix paleo mayo with chipotle powder and lime juice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 large carrots
- 2 parnsips
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with olive oil.
- Peel the carrots and parsnips and cut off the ends.
- Cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over each piece to ensure they cook evenly.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve as is, or with your favorite dipping sauce.