It's so hard to find energy bars that aren't loaded with refined sugar and other junk. Ever since I've tried to eliminate processed food from my diet, I've missed out on the convenience and flavor of a good energy bar before or after workouts. This is why my no-bake cacao and almond butter energy bites are a great alternative. Plus, there is absolutely NO SUGAR in them! They take less than 10 minutes to make and are best kept refrigerated.
Prep Time: 2 minutes Cook Time: N/A
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp collagen (I used Vital Proteins Marine Collagen)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until they become a flour-like consistency.
- Add the maca powder, collagen, cinnamon, flax seeds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs.
- Add in the almond butter and almond milk.
- Pulse until the mixture starts to solidify.
- Form into bite-size balls and place in the fridge or freezer.