Who remembers eating snickers ice cream bars as kids? I used to beg my mom to let me have them from the after-school snack bar and every now and then she'd cave and let me have one. These no bake almond butter protein bars taste really similar, only they have NO refined sugar and they are packed with collagen peptides. If you're not familiar, collagen improves joint health, reduces joint stiffness, and builds bone strength. I add a scoop of Further Collagen to my tea in the morning, acai bowls and add it to my no-bake energy balls. Further Collagen contains 18 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids, that aid in muscle and ligament repair, flexibility, and recovery. This makes these protein bars a great pre or post-workout snack, or even dessert. Use code "SULLIVANSTREETEATS10" for 10% off your purchase of Further Collagen.
Prep Time: 10 minutes then freeze for 2 hours
- 1 cup of creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop of collagen peptides
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add in the collagen, cinnamon, flax seeds, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped almonds.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in all of the ingredients.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter in.
- Freeze for 2 hours then cut into bars.
- Store in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.