My love for salmon is no secret. We have it at least once a week, usually in a lemon, garlic and basil sauce or with soy sauce, sesame and ginger. This time, we decided to keep things simple and garnish the salmon with lemon juice and fresh sage from the farmers market. It was simple, but still so flavorful. We served it the with a kale salad in a lemon-tahini dressing, along with a side of roasted veggies.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 Salmon Fillets (we buy Frozen Wild Salmon from Trader Joes and defrost it the morning we are cooking)
- 1 lemon
- 5 sage leaves (fresh)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Finely dice sage leaves. Squeeze half a lemon over each salmon filet, coat with salt & pepper.
- Place salmon fillets on the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (or until flaky).
- Serve with your favorite side.