This dairy-free pesto is delicious and ready in under 15 minutes. I love making it in big batches so I have some for lunch and dinner, but then I save a jar so I can add the pesto to my eggs (either in a scramble or on top of poached eggs). Recommended dishes include, Pesto Zoodles with Shrimp, Baked Pesto Chicken and Pesto Pappardelle with Veggies.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- 4 cups of kale
- 3 cups of basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cups of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Place 1 cup of pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until golden brown on both sides (5-7 minutes). Set aside.
- In a cuisinart or food processor, blend kale and basil.
- Add garlic, toasted pine nuts and squeeze the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the food processor is going, add in the olive oil and blend until creamy.