Last night I had a serious craving for something sweet. One of my favorite food bloggers, RachLMansfield has a great recipe for these Flour-less Dark Chocolate Chip Ginger Oatmeal Cookies. I made a few adjustments to the recipe and they turned out so well. Needless to say there weren't many left this morning..
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 16 minutes
*Makes 12 Cookies
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats, I use Trader Joes Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup of oat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Marine Collagen Powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter (I used Kerry Gold unsalted)
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean powder (can also use vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, melted butter and maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla bean powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 10-12 minutes.
- Make 12 cookies and line the tray.
- Bake for 16 minutes.