Growing up as a picky eater, chicken tenders were one of the few foods I would willingly eat (I pretty much lived off of them until I was 16). Thankfully my taste-buds have evolved, but every now and then I still crave them. These chicken tenders are gluten and dairy-free and a much healthier version of anything you'd order in a restaurant because they use only a few simple ingredients. I love dipping them in the homemade honey mustard sauce which uses Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayo, Dijon mustard and honey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 pieces of organic boneless & skinless chicken tender pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning (I use Frontier Poultry Seasoning)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayo
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add gluten-free flour mixture, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Coat the pieces of chicken in the egg mixture and then in flour mixture. Repeat for all pieces of chicken.
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place chicken tenders on the stove until the flour mixture is golden brown (~2 minutes each side).
- Place on the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayo, Dijon mustard and honey.