I've been on a bread kick lately. It could have something to do with the fact that we don't have muffin tins so I can't make muffins (tiny apartment problems), or that I've been craving something other than eggs in the morning for breakfast. Either way, I've been experimenting a lot more with baking breads and I love it! If you haven't already checked out my apple cinnamon bread or pumpkin chocolate chip bread (both gluten-free), I highly recommend it. The first time I made this blueberry bread I used coconut flour instead of almond flour and it came out dry and crumbly. When I baked it a second time with almond flour it was really moist. I haven't tried using any other flours, but let me know if you do! I always enjoy hearing how people are using my recipes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 cups of unblanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil (or preferred oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the blueberries and fold into the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes (until golden brown).