Growing up, muffins were my favorite pastry. My mom made the BEST chocolate chip muffins with mini chocolate chips and I still dream about them. I'm planning on recreating her recipe soon... but in the meantime, I made these gluten free apple cinnamon muffins based off the bread recipe here, with a few tweaks and they are so good. Plus, they are gluten and refined sugar free. I love serving them warm with a drizzle of almond butter over top.
Prep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of pure Grade A Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 tbsp melted ghee (can also use melted coconut oil)
- 1 medium apple (I used Golden Delicious)
- Optional (granola, oats or chopped nuts for the muffin tops)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin (I used melted ghee)
- Rinse, peel and dice the apple into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, melted ghee.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix until the batter is smooth (the consistency should be thick).
- Add in the apple and stir.
- Evenly scoop into the muffin tin (I use this silicone one and I love it) and bake for 30 minutes.
- You can also top them off with your favorite granola or nuts before baking.
- Move to a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
*If you make any of my recipes be sure to tag me @sullivanstreeteats so I can see all of your creations!