First off, I want to apologize for being so M.I.A. the past month! Rob and I have been busy moving into our new apartment and work has never been busier. I've still been cooking a lot, but instead of recipe testing new dishes, I've been sticking to some of my tried and true recipes like these: Lemon and Garlic Marinated Salmon, Baked Turmeric Chicken, Roasted Carrot and Parsnip Fries and Cauliflower Cous Cous with Sundried Tomatoes. Have you made any of these recipes? If so, I'd love to know what you think!
Back to this spiralized daikon radish and shaved carrot salad... My spiralizer is my #1 kitchen essential item. It's so versatile and easy to use - if you don't have one I highly recommend it. This salad is so light and refreshing and requires only a few ingredients. It can be served on its' own, or with a protein of your choice. I've had it with salmon and flank steak and both are great. P.S. this dish is also Whole 30 approved, gluten-free (I used coconut aminos), dairy-free and vegan!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: N/A
- 1 medium sized daikon radish
- 2 large carrots
- 2.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2.5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Rinse and peel the carrots and daikon radish.
- Cut off the ends of the daikon radish and place in a spiralizer until it forms long thin noodles.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrot into long strands.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rice vinegar, sesame oil and coconut aminos.
- Let marinate for at least 2 hours, but up to 24 hours.
- Top with sesame seeds before serving.