Curry, carrots and ghee?! Yes please. If I could only have one vegetable for the rest of my life, it would be carrots. I love that they are versatile, and are equally as good cooked, or raw. My favorite carrot recipes are this roasted carrot dip, this daikon radish and shaved carrot salad, and these oven roasted carrot and parsnip fries.
Funny enough, I actually didn't like ghee until I did Whole30 in August and relied on it for frying my eggs! Ghee is a type of clarified butter that is common in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines. It is lactose-free, casein-free and is ideal for cooking at high heat. It also doesn't need to be refrigerated. If you don't have ghee, you can also sub butter for the recipe.
I have been getting so much use out of my cast iron skillet and if you don't have one, I highly recommend getting one! It is affordable and also lasts forever. I use mine all the time when I make this flank steak recipe. It's also great for sauteeing veggies before baking them in the oven. It locks in all the flavors ahead of time.
These carrots are great as a side with a rice dish, or with this baked turmeric chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse, peel and dice the carrots.
- Heat the cast iron skillet (this may take a few minutes) and add ghee.
- Add the carrots once the cast iron is hot and the ghee has melted.
- Stir the carrots so they are coated in ghee, then add the salt & pepper and curry powder.
- Saute the carrots for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Shop My Kitchen Essentials For This Recipe Below!