Happy National Noodle Day! One of my favorite meals in New York is from a charming Italian restaurant in the East Village called San Marzano. Their pasta is made in house daily and is extremely fresh and affordable ($9)! I always order the Pappardelle pasta with butternut squash and sausage in a sage, basil and a white wine reduction. I dream about this pasta it is that good.... The recipe below is a healthier version and is just as delicious. Thankfully, my Inspiralizer is a lifesaver and made the whole process extremely easy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 butternut squash
- 6 links of Italian sausage
- 1 bunch of kale
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 bunch of sage
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tbsp of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the top and bulbous end of the butternut squash (this is the part with seeds) so you are only left with the narrow middle part.
- Peel the skin off, cut in half and place in the spiralizer.
- Place spiralized noodles in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cook the sausage in a pan over medium heat until it has browned (~10 minutes) and cooked all the way through.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and add 1 clove of chopped garlic and kale. Cook until the kale has softened.
- Place the butternut squash noodles in a bowl and top with sausage and kale.
- Heat a small pan on medium heat and add 3 tbsp of butter. Once the butter begins to melt, add 2 cloves of chopped garlic, sage leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice. Once that reduces, drizzle over the butternut squash noodles.