Happy Friday Friends! It feels like a snow globe here in New York. We got hit with a massive blizzard yesterday and while I was eager to stay home, I was huddled up at my office working on this blog post.
It was SO cold on New Years Eve and Rob and I didn't want to leave the apartment. If you read my last post you know that we both started watching The Crown on Netflix and now we are hooked! While we stayed in our pj's most of the day, we did manage to get out for a Yoga class at YogaWorks and stock up on groceries to make sure we had enough food for Whole30 Week 2. We got a lot of the basic stuff (eggs, protein, spinach, salmon, sweet potatoes, squash) and of course broccoli. I'm thinking of putting together a comprehensive grocery list of my staples. In the meantime, you can shop all of my Amazon essentials here! I tend to cook broccoli the same way every week (roast it or saute it in a stir fry), but I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and make broccoli rice, loosely based off of this cauliflower couscous recipe.
This broccoli rice was surprisingly easy to make (ready in under 10 minutes) and the toasted pine nuts gave it a really good texture. It's so versatile that we've had it twice in the past week; the first time we made it with this flank steak and the next time we had it with salmon and this pesto.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 2 whole broccoli (stems and florets)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and chop the broccoli head off. Cut the stem in half and then cut again. Place in a food processor and pulse for ~1 minute into small pieces. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Next place the florets in the food processor and pulse for ~1 minute.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the broccoli, season with salt & pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Serve with toasted pine nuts or your favorite protein.
*If you make any of my recipes be sure to tag me @sullivanstreeteats so I can see all of your creations!
Shop My Kitchen Essentials For This Recipe Below!