This is a healthy twist on one of my favorite meals to order at Italian restaurants. It has all the delicious flavor without the guilt. Since it's packed with veggies, this meal will make you fully energized rather than put you in a carb coma.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound of organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 can of tomato sauce (not the pre-made kind in a jar)
- 3 large carrots
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 Button mushrooms
- 4 zucchini (for zoodles)
- Salt, pepper
- A pinch of oregano and cracked red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Food processor
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop the onion, carrots and mushroom. Set aside.
- Chop off the ends of the zuchinni and spiralize. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In a large pan, heat ground beef on medium heat, stirring occasionally
- In a food processor, combine carrots, onion and garlic. Puree.
- Once the beef has browned, add in the carrot, onion and garlic puree and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, oregano and red pepper chili flakes. Stir for an additional 2 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss in the spiralized zucchini and using tongs, stir occasionally so that both sides are coated in olive oil. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes. Quick tip- (Zoodles are better al dente!)
- Place zoodles in a pan and cover with bolognese sauce.
Kitchen Essential Item:
Buy the food processor here.