I bring my lunch to work 4-5 days a week. While I love getting out of the office for some fresh air, I prefer to prepare my own food because I know exactly what ingredients are in it. Most importantly, I'm saving money.
My lunches change on a weekly basis, but it's always a protein and vegetable combination, and sometimes a grain. I spend my Sunday's meal prepping by making one big meal (see below for my go-to recipes), and then I'll cook another set of meals on Tuesday's or Wednesday's.
- Paleo Turkey Chili - I love eating it with these Siete Foods almond flour tortillas or their grain-free tortilla chips which are amazing.
- Spaghetti Squash - I make it with a bolognese sauce, homemade pesto, or turkey meatballs.
- Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders - I always have these with a side salad or roasted vegetable.
When it comes to packing lunch, good containers are essential. I am a huge fan of Pyrex Glass Storage Containers because I can microwave everything directly in the glass. I recently got this BentoHeaven Bento Box as a gift from Rob. It is microwaveable, dishwasher safe and has great compartments for separating food. Not to mention it's super sleek and a lot lighter to carry than the glass. The best part is that it comes with reusable cutlery and chopsticks which I love because I am always throwing away plastic cutlery. I also recently bought Stasher Bags and couldn't be happier. These are reusable silicone bags and are perfect for side snacks.
Below is the recipe for this baked turmeric chicken which takes only 20 minutes to make and requires little prep or clean up. The one-two punch combo of turmeric and black pepper help fight off inflammation and keep my body in a perfectly healthy state. I love having it with a side of these baked carrot and parsnip fries.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts with dashes of turmeric powder, salt & pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before placing in tupperware.
Shop my kitchen essential items below: