Happy Thursday! I took a break from blogging last week to gear up for our trip to Charleston. We had THE best time and ate our way through the city. The wedding we were at was gorgeous and it was so fun spending time with old friends. I'm thinking of posting a 48-hour Charleston restaurant guide if you are interested!
We were supposed to fly back on Sunday afternoon, but due to weather our flight was cancelled and our travel day turned into a complete nightmare. We ended up getting home at 1:30am on Monday and I had no time to do a full grocery haul.
Luckily, I always keep frozen wild salmon in the freezer so I had enough protein to get through the week. Since I work in Bryant Park I stopped into Whole Foods to pick up a few staples like eggs and veggies, including the most beautiful rainbow chard. This is one of my throw-together meals when I need something quick, easy and delicious in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 filet of salmon
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 bunch of rainbow or Swiss chard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp herb blend of your choice (I love thyme, oregano, parsley)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place salmon on a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with lemon juice, salt & pepper and herbal seasonings.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the salmon bakes, rinse and dice the Swiss chard and chop 1 clove of garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic until it starts to sizzle then add Swiss chard and sautee for 5-8 minutes.
*If you make any of my recipes be sure to tag me @sullivanstreeteats so I can see all of your creations!
Shop My Kitchen Essentials For This Recipe Below!