Happy Monday! I spent all of yesterday cooking and meal prepping for the week ahead. Since I've been out of town so much, I haven't been meal prepping and as a result, have been eating out a lot more than I usually do. It's taken a toll on my overall health as well as my wallet...
Since I'm heading to Charleston this weekend for a wedding, I wanted to make sure I had all my lunches covered for the week, along with a few dinners. I roasted a ton of butternut squash, beets and sweet potatoes, and made carrot fries along with these homemade meatballs.
Meatballs are one of the easiest things to meal prep because they go a long way and are so versatile. I usually prefer turkey meatballs (these pesto and these ones) are my favorites, but I was craving beef meatballs. Last year, Rob made the best beef and pork meatballs that used quinoa flour, but we ran out of quinoa flour so I made a few tweaks to his recipe using gluten free breadcrumbs I found at Whole Foods! The recipe doesn't include any sauce, but I ended up tossing mine in this paleo peach BBQ sauce which was incredible!
Prep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 meatballs
- 1 lb of grass-fed ground beef
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free panko breadcrumbs (I use Ian's Natural Foods)
- 1 large egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt & pepper.
- Mix everything together and form meatballs the size of a golf ball.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet with parchment paper and cook for 30 minutes.
*If you make any of my recipes be sure to tag me @sullivanstreeteats so I can see all of your creations!
Shop My Kitchen Essentials For This Recipe Below