I've been making acai bowls for over a year now and I always find myself adding in new ingredients and saying, "wait this is the best one I've made so far." It's so funny how even one small scoop of cacao powder, or a handful of broccoli sprouts can make such a difference. Below is the recipe for my latest acai bowl, which I've been eating at least twice a week. This recipe uses unsweetened acai, frozen red grapes and frozen blueberries as the base. You can definitely add in other frozen fruit, but I love the flavor of these three mixed together!
- 1 packet of frozen unsweetened acai
- 1/2 cup of frozen purple grapes
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of hemp protein
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Amazing Grass Green Superfood
- 1 scoop of collagen peptides
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- Run the packet of frozen acai under warm water until thawed.
- Place acai packet, frozen grapes and frozen blueberries into the blender.
- Add broccoli sprouts, cacao powder, hemp protein, green superfood powder, flax seeds, chia seeds, collagen peptides, and almond milk.
- Blend until creamy.
- Top with fresh fruit, cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes, granola or hemp hearts.